Seychelles, officially the Republic of Seychelles, is a 155-island country spanning an archipelago in the Indian Ocean, whose capital, Victoria, lies some 1,500 kilometres east of mainland Southeast Africa. Other nearby island countries and territories include Zanzibar to the west and Comoros, Mayotte, Madagascar, Réunion and Mauritius to the south.
1. Location: Africa Union and Madagascar
2. Capital: Victoria
3. Climate: The Seychelles’ climate is one which is always warm and does not reach extremes of heat or cold. The temperature rarely drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C.
4. Currency: Seychellois rupee
5. Country Code: +248
6. Official language: French, Seselwa Creole French Language, English Language
7. Activities: Water Sport, snorkelling
The granitic islands of the Seychelles archipelago cluster around the main island of Mahé, home to the international airport and the capital, Victoria, and its satellites Praslin and La Digue. Together, these Inner Islands form the cultural and economic hub of the nation and contain the majority of Seychelles’ tourism facilities as well as its most stunning beaches.